Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Internals

I had my first internal exam yesterday.

Not my favorite thing in the world, but I somehow survived.

I went in trying not to have any expectations on how far I had progressed,if any. But I was pleasantly surprised! I'm 1cm dialated and 70% effaced. I was pretty excited about all of that...and I got even more excited when I read this.

"What many new moms don't realize is that after complete effacement, labor is soon coming. It is a better predictor than dilation. This process can take much longer than dilation itself, so the higher the percentage, the more thinning has occurred."


WOOOO HOOO! Dr. Morse had a big smile on her face & seemed very happy and surprised. She told me that that was really awesome for a first time mom w/ still four weeks to go!

I've been taking Evening Primrose Oil, which is supposed to help w/ the thinning of the cervix. Hopefully it will continue to help. I just keep praying that I will keep progressing and that I won't be stuck at the same next week.

I'm really hoping to go into labor on my own since there has been talk about being induced because of my gestational diabetes...which is pretty much my worst nightmare.

Elliot has been moving around like CRAZY since yesterday. I've never felt him move this much. I think he might be trying to escape! He wants out just as badly as I want him out! :) We're really excited about meeting each other!

I think I've started nesting. Last night I straightened up a couple closets, vaccumed, and just did some general cleaning. Little things I'd never noticed before were really starting to get on my nerve. For instance, sometimes food gets stuck between the counter top and the stove...yeah, I'll be cleaning THAT out before the baby comes. Eww. I was DYING to dust last night, but I'm out of dust cloths. I contemplated calling my mom & asking her to bring me some...but I figured that was a bit over the top.

All I want to do is sit E's room and stare at everything. Fold his clothes over & over and make sure they're in order by size. I want to keep re-arranging things, but everything is pretty much where it needs to be! I wish I hadn't been so good about doing that stuff along the way, so I could do it now! :) So, I may just sit in there and rock tonight and read him a book or two.

The women I work with threw me a shower today. I got the cutest things! I got this humidifier...

http://www.target.com/Crane-Frog-Cool-Mist-Humidifier/dp/B0008GPM5E/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&searchView=grid5&frombrowse=0&node=1038576&keywords=humidifier&field_browse=1038576&searchSize=30&id=Crane%20Frog%20Cool%20Mist%20Humidifier&field_availability=-2&refinementHistory=subjectbin%2Ctarget_com_age%2Ctarget_com_gender-bin%2Ctarget_com_character-bin%2Cprice%2Ctarget_com_primary_color-bin%2Ctarget_com_size-bin%2Ctarget_com_brand-bin&searchNodeID=1038576&field_launch-date=-1y&searchRank=target104545&searchPage=2&field_keywords=humidifier

And this night light....

http://www.target.com/Circo-LED-Scandi-Night-Light/dp/B001FSGRVW/sr=1-15/qid=1267038375/ref=sr_1_15/180-8257046-6198949?ie=UTF8&search-alias=tgt-index&frombrowse=0&index=target&rh=k%3Anight%20light&page=1

How cute are those? I'll probably wash them up tonight and put them in his room. I'm just so ready for my sweet little sugar to get here I can hardly stand it!!!!

My mom also made me a few things that I need to take pictures of once I get home from work today. She's such a sweetie and I think she's just as excited about Elliot arriving as we are!

No comments:

Post a Comment