Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Waking Up

I'm exhausted.

Not quite as tired as I was in my first trimester. Okay, that's a lie. I'm equally as tired, just in a different way.

First trimester I could've gotten 15 hours of sleep each night & I would still be tired mentally & physically. Some days, just the thought of getting out of bed wore me out. I couldn't WAIT to get home from work so I could put on my favorite jammies, curl up in bed and sleep the night away. My body was growing a new baby...which, if you don't know, takes a lot of work. : ) It was no bigger than the size of a bean and it was already zapping the life out of me. Boy, I had no idea what I was in for.

I'm feelin' the same way again. Now, this time, I'm tired for a whole different reason. I'm starting to go to the bathroom about 4 times a night on average. Sometimes more, and on the rare occasion, a little less. My hips hurt, my crotch hurts (Sorry if that's too much TMI, it's just the truth), my back hurts...everything hurts. I can't get comfortable in bed, and once I do, I have to pee...

...again.

It takes a LOT of effort for me to drag myself out of bed these days. Literally, I'm almost dragging myself. I have to hold on to the headboard, and muster up all my bicep strength and pull. It's a little tough to get over all the pillows I have surrounding me, keeping me as comfortable as I can possibly be. Then, there's the sheet issue. Steve ends up with the comforter (he's a cold little fella) and I end up w/ the whole sheet (toasty momma, over here!). Well, as much as I love just having a sheet to cover me, I don't love it so much when I have the whole darn sheet on my side, 'causing me to nearly get tangled up and fall out of bed. (True story. Almost happened last week.)

This would all be easier if I had these little things I like to call abs.

Abs? What abs? I had to wake Steve up the other night so he could put his arm behind me and prop me up in bed so I could get out. When I told him thanks the next morning, he said he didn't even remember helping.

By the time I'm done going to the bathroom, which by the way, last night I hit a new low...I fell asleep on the toilet. I mean, for craps sake! I didn't even have to pee long enough for me to fall asleep, but somehow I managed.

Getting back into bed, that's a huge task too. Crawling back over all the pillows, settling back in, and getting dog paws out of my back. Ugh, I have to admit, I just got really tired and exhausted thinking about all of that. Finally, once I settle back in, little Elliot decides (some nights) that he'd like to host a dance party in my belly & invite everyone he knows (which thankfully, he doesn't know a lot of people yet) So, it's pretty much E and my organs dancing around, moving into places I had no idea certain organs could go. He really also loves to get the hiccups while I'm sleeping. Which, I don't mind...the constant rhythm of them kind of puts me back to sleep.

Needless to say, my actual hours of sleep are few in numbers. I know I just need to get used to this since I'll be waking up with my little sugar multiple times a night in about 5 weeks...but I don't think I'll mind it as much then.

The times I'll be up with him, I'll actually get to see him, hold him, kiss him, snuggle him...and I think that'll make it all worth waking up.

No comments:

Post a Comment