Monday, February 8, 2010

6 More Weeks Until Due Date...

With only 6 more weeks left, I've been very ANTSY!

I was just telling Steve that I wish I had something left to do in preparation for Hawk's arrival, but really, I don't have much left to do.

I do have some packing to do for the hospital, and probably need to wash the cloth diapers I bought a couple more times to make sure they get to maximum absorbancy, but other than that, the waiting game is on.

Yesterday, I bought 3 dozen pre-folded cloth diapers, Rockin' Green Detergent, and two covers to start out with. The store I bought them at didn't have a whole lot to choose from, so I picked out two that I liked. I ordered more once I got home.

I decided to go w/ 3 Thirsties, and 3 Bummis. I've heard really great things about both of them. So I'll try them out. And whatever I like the best, I'll buy more of for my 2nd batch of diapers that I'll need.

On everything, I spent $140, which I didn't think was bad, espescially considering all the money I'll save on using disposables.

I'm really excited about the detergent. It's $13.95 for a bag that will do 45/90 loads, depending how often you wash. It's wonderful! It's obviously "Green", so I don't mind spending a little bit more. We can also use it on all our clothes, not just diapers. I bought some Dreft a while ago for Hawk's clothing since his skin might not be able to tolerate the harshness of Tide or something, so, as soon as we run out of Dreft & Tide I'll exclusively use Rockin' Green. I can't wait! They have some crazy scents like Mango Sorbet (which was YUMMY!) and Monkey Snacks!?

I'm very very excited about cloth diapering. I never thought I would be. I'm just so excited about saving so much money & making sure my little muffin's tushie isn't exposed to harsh chemicals that may cause him irritation! It'll be so great! :)

I'm just so excited about so many things recently. I have so much to look forward to! I just wish it would hurry up and get here! I am running out of patience.

Hopefully at my 36 week appointment, Dr. Morse will tell me some good news & maybe I'll have started dialating & effacing! Wouldn't that be great?

No comments:

Post a Comment