Thursday, October 29, 2009

Ugh...

I had such a horrible night of sleep last night. Normally, I don't have a problem sleeping. I can sleep pretty much anywhere, anytime. I've always heard that pregnant women have such a hard time getting comfortable while they sleep, but I had found a sure fire way to give me a full night's rest.

It's still comfortable for me to sleep on my back. My What to Expect When Expecting book told me that around week 18, I should stop sleeping on my back because the weight of my uterus could cut off blood flow to something important (I forgot what exactly). Well, I asked my doctor about it and she said that if my body wasn't getting proper blood flow while sleeping, I would switch sides to become more comfortable.

So, I still sleep on my back...but over the past few days, I've noticed it's more comfortable for me to sleep on my right side. THIS however, is not fun. My husband sleeps on his left side, and so we end up facing each other. This wouldn't be a big probelm except he is a mouth breather. : / So, sometimes I wake up w/ nasty breath in my face. Gross!

ANYWAY, back to my horrible night of sleep...

I spent the night tossing & turning last night. I successfully pulled the sheet out from the bottom of the bed & had it all wrapped around me, leaving none for Steve. Izzy needed to go out 2 times (once was about 30 mins before I had to wake up for work, which always makes me really mad). I'm so ready for a nap. If I weren't taking off next Thursday, I would've probably taken the day off today & slept in and it would've been the perfect day for it too since it's raining! : /

No comments:

Post a Comment