Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Week 12

Week 12 has started out rough.

Yesterday I was MISERABLE! I got such a bad headache after lunch and it didn't go away. : / It doesn't help that I can't take anything but Tylenol, which does NOTHING for me.

I broke down & started sobbing last night. I am just so tired of feeling crappy. Around week 12 things are supposed to start getting better, or so people say! My headaches have been becoming more frequent and longer lasting.

I ended up putting on the movie Elf and falling asleep around 7:00 p.m. and slept the whole night! I got 11 hours of sleep!! I must have needed it!

This morning I'm feeling pretty great...except I feel like my headache might be coming back. : / I told Steve this morning that women who are pregnant should be allowed to stay home during their 1st trimester. Most of the time I felt great, but geez, there were some days I didn't think I was going to make it.

Here's how Beans is growing this week....

The most dramatic development this week: reflexes. Your baby's fingers will soon begin to open and close, his toes will curl, his eye muscles will clench, and his mouth will make sucking movements. In fact, if you prod your abdomen, your baby will squirm in response, although you won't be able to feel it. His intestines, which have grown so fast that they protrude into the umbilical cord, will start to move into his abdominal cavity about now, and his kidneys will begin excreting urine into his bladder.

Meanwhile, nerve cells are multiplying rapidly, and in your baby's brain, synapses are forming furiously. His face looks unquestionably human: His eyes have moved from the sides to the front of his head, and his ears are right where they should be. From crown to rump, your baby-to-be is just over 2 inches long (about the size of a lime) and weighs half an ounce.

1 comment:

  1. I had really bad headaches also during weeks 11 and 12 but if it makes you feel any better I am in week 13 now and they are becoming less and less frequent. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete