Monday, July 26, 2010

domestic goddess? ... not quite

before i had elliot, my mom started teaching me how to sew. and i fell in love with it.

my first project was making some reusable snack baggies, a diaper wallet and an ouch pouch for my diaper bag. pretty simple. just straight stitches, but i was just learning the ropes & getting used to using a machine.

while working on one of these projects, we came across a problem. my mom stared & stared at it trying to figure out how to make it work while i, being the sewing savant that i am, took one look and told her it was obvious what we needed to do to correct the problem.

{i don't think my mom had ever been so proud of me...and in turn, i was very proud of myself. after all, TRUE domestic goddesses know how to sew, right?}

i thought to myself on the way home from her house, "wow, this may be the one thing i'm super great at!"

i think i'm pretty decent at a lot of different things, but i never really excelled at one thing in particular, and i have always secretly wanted to be a bad-a at one thing, ANYTHING!

{i thought sewing was it.}

fast forward to tonight...here i am, at midnight, sweating, frustrated and wound up all because i can't figure out my problem.

{which i would almost bet my left hand has a simple solution}

i'm sure my mom will take one look at it and state the obvious.

am i a domestic goddess? not quite, but i'm working on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment